Friday 28 September 2012

PFW - Day 1

We left for Ebbsfleet in the early hours and soon enough arrived in Paris. Our hotel nation mon marte, wouldn’t really call it a hotel. Think communal toilets and showers and a spiral staircase, classic dingey Paris I guess, but we loved it all at the same time. Couldn’t check in til early afternoon so we left our suitcases there and headed to Le Marais where we always do extreme amount of vintage shopping each season.
 
We firstly headed to Kilo shop, which is a store filled with various vintage goodies, however you paid by the weight of your garments. It didn’t actually make it that much cheaper than the other vintage stores however it was a fun, new way of shopping.
After we headed to Free ‘p’ star, a favourite of ours. There are 3 shops all within walking distance of each other. The one near the Kilo shop at a 1 floor which is great, but admittedly you have to have a good eye for things and use your imagination a little, for example dresses and skirts may have to be hemmed and jacket pockets may have to be fixed but who cares when you’re spending one small little euro! Another great thing is that I bought myself a real fur Russian looking hat, they had quite a lot of these for the mere price of 10, not quite sure which animal it is, mink or ferret? Something with small feet and soft fur any who. All you fur haters out there don’t hate on me, this animal has been dead for a while and I’m just putting it to good use.
We thought it would be wise to have a little nap once settled into our basic room (scummy chic as Jemima would say). Later that evening we met up with Jean Luc Dupont and a few of his mates to go to an exhibition launch. Artist Blair will be collaborating with each x other during Paris Fashion Week to create a collection. However that night Blair was doing live silk screens on peoples clothes. I decided to get my House of Holland crop top done, I thought “FUCK IT, LET’S DO THIS SHIT” and so I was placed on a massage table and all cameras were on me. Soon I was having “WERK” printed on my boobs, it was quite the spontaneous experience which is what Blair was all about. Really fun and welcoming the whole presence of the party was warm.  Everybody was shit hot and looked pretty darn cool, a good first night to the beginning of our trip.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment