Wednesday 28 March 2012

Intern for Rainbow Wave - First Day

Since my last intern post, I went on a few more interviews here and there but I didn't want to jeopardise my position at Rainbow Wave as it seem liked too much of a good position to miss. After a long period of time off interning, but lots of time for partying and chilling, I was finally ready to get back into action and become a recluse work-a-holic (I work Saturdays and Sundays). 

So who are Rainbow Wave? They are sales agents, and have designers exclusively under their agency and distrubute to all the luxury shops and department stores, for example; Harvey Nichols, Harrods, Le Bon Marche. Basically the best shops in the world! Their designers include Meadham Kirchhoff, Carven, Repetto, Mario Schwab, Peter Pilotto and a load more of amazing designers! The showrooms are beautifully presented, everything to perfection, spacious, open plan, and high ceilings which are painted completely white. Each designer has their own area, quirky furniture is laid neatly within the different designer sections which is where the buyers would take their seats. The company is only made up of I would say no more than 30 people, so all close knit, young and friendly. 

 From Left to Right: Carven, Marios Schwab, Prabal Gurung and Clements Ribeiro

The first tasks I had to do were ones you would expect, such as going to the post office, taking samples to publications (Elle), moving collections from one place to another etc. It was a very laidback atmosphere yet everyone was really hardworking, which makes a great work ethic. I got to spend my lunch with a friend who lives just down the road from the office so we chilled by the river and sunbathed in the glorious, glorious sun! I spent my afternoon checking orders and invoices which was good experience as I have never done admin work before, they taught me one on one so it wasn't like I was thrown into the deep end or they were intimidating, all really nice and approachable. I'm really excited about how the rest of my internship goes and who I'll meet and the sort of things I'll be doing. Maybe I'll end up actually working for them and actually earn money? If I do, I'll be sure to write about it. 

Aurevoir.
Sannita. x



No comments:

Post a Comment