Tuesday 14 August 2012

Fashion Intern - Fool?

So since leaving Rainbow Wave I've had a couple of interviews. I applied to do an apprenticeship for House of Frase as a buying assistant. Oh it well considering...I got absolutely intoxicated the night before. Yes some could call me a fool, a nutter, an idiot but I managed to get to the interview just in time (first day of the olympics so I had an excuse for being 10 mins late) and pull together a clean polished look, given the fact I was hungover as. Yes I'm a real person and I'm not sensible.

Apparently I didn't do too badly seeing as I got invited to a 2nd interview. And dear lord, I was asked to create a presentation that would last no longer than 20 minutes and be as creative as I wanted to be. I was given the task of doing a customer profile on Biba, Mary Portas and Pied a Terre. Three brands which are exclusive to House of Fraser. I decided to actually visit the stores and speak to the staff who worked within the brands and take photos of the area. All the girls were so lovely and helpful it was so nice to see people enthusiastic and wanting to help me about their brands. Had a real good time speaking to them actually.



Anyway before my 2nd interview I had another interview else where for Elizabeth Saltzman. The amazing Vanity Fair editor as well as stylist and party planner for celebrities and all sorts. I rocked up to her house/office in heels (blog post poser #2) and met her lovely assistant. I was recommended by one of my co workers at Rainbow Wave to apply which I was very grateful for. It was a nice casual interview, and I loved the idea of the position. As always, with a perfect position comes a catch 22. They don't cover expenses. OHHHHHH FML. I was in such a tizzy I just didn't know what to do, normally I would completely disreguard the position altogether but this internship would be too good to miss.

Would I be a fool to not do an unpaid internship with Elizabeth Saltzman or would I be a fool not to prioritise the paid apprenticeship? Either way, looks like I'm a fashion fool.

To be continued...

Aurevoir.
Sannita. x

No comments:

Post a Comment