Thursday 11 October 2012

Fashion Apprentice at HOF - Settling

As you may know I started my new apprenticeship at House of Fraser as a buying assistant for Pied a Terre and Mary Portas. So far I have really enjoyed it. I have my own desk, computer and filing cabinet! Haha! It's exciting so don't laugh at me for mentioning my office equipment, it makes me feel like a grown up.

There are two sides of buying, the in house design brands and the designer brands. At the moment I'm working with in house brands which means we have more say in the design etc, and we can suggest what garments we'd like to be included.

Part of it consists of fittings, which consists of a model trying on the samples, making sure they fit properly and also components and necklines etc look finished and perfect. Sometimes the supplier is with you and you discuss the garment together. A lot of though and effort goes into everything thats made, I never knew that they literally discuss everything from the way the hem sits to the colour of the thread.

I've been ridiculously busy of late and haven't posted in a while but y'know i'm a working girl now. I've now been given another brand to work on which is Untold, there will be a lot of development on this brand as we are undergoing a lot of changes in direction with the design and concept. This now means I have two desks! Oooo snazzy.

The whole team are lovely and it's weird having an actual office job where general office shenanigans happen. I look forward to more experience to the big world of retail and design. Ohhh la la.

Aurevoir.
Sannita. x

No comments:

Post a Comment