Sunday 30 December 2012

Perfect your pout.

 So it's NYE tomorrow, and I always wear lipstick, no matter what. I have a strict regime to make sure my lips stay in tack and look their best. So here's how I apply...

1.) Always start with a smooth lip. Never good applying lipstick when you have a chapped lip. So begin with scrubbing your lips with Lush's mint sugar scrub (tastes delicious) to get rid of that dead skin. However I've lost mine, so if you don't have it use a normal chapstick and make sure all the dead skin is removed. Buy Me.



2.) When choosing your lip liner it doesn't have to be the exact shade, just something similar or a shade lighter, a good lipstick will cover it as it's just used as a base.Outline your lip with this lip liner and colour in your whole lip. This helps lock in the lipstick when it's applied. Buy Me 

3.) Obviously apply the lipstick, I always tend to go for a good Mac lipstick, the colour comes out great and it does last without any lipcote. To get a defined shape use a lip brush to neaten the edges of your lips, don't want a smudgy lip now. Buy Me


4.) Grab a piece of tissue and kiss onto it, blotting the lip gets rid of excess moisture that normally leads to the lipstick bleeding and not lasting as long. To ensure the lipstick lasts all night with minimal top up apply lipcote all over the lip. Make sure you cover all areas, as I sometimes forget to apply towards the inside of my lips. Leave for 15 minutes, don't eat or drink, just pout.



5.) Add a little bit of gloss if you want, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, a little disadvantage is that it doesn't let your lipstick last as long.


6.)Voila you will have the perfect pout to last all night. Now drink as much as you want, you can kiss but if you get a little into it and end up ferociously snogging, it's gonna come off no matter how much lipcote you use.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 This will be me tomorrow night no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment