Thursday 31 January 2013

Fashion Apprentice - The stress of it.

I've been at Hof for a while now, coming up 5 months ish. Since I've started I've learnt an incredible amount not only about buying but merchandising too as these two go hand in hand. Over Christmas I was left to half run Pied a Terre by myself, this alone was a challenge, slightly daunting but exciting at the same time. As much of a responsibility this was I was going to learn a lot in a short amount of time, I'm a relatively chilled person and never let things get on top of me and this is what I had to maintain over the course of the time. 

For two weeks, I had to speak to suppliers, chase cut dates, sample dates, discuss fabrics and lab dips with the designer and get things approved by other buyers and executives etc. A little intimidating at first but once in the swing of things I felt comfortable, it helps that everyone is really helpful and friendly in the work place. So my two weeks were up, running the brand I managed to complete everything that needed to be done and kept things organised, I proved to myself that I have potential and that I could actually do it.

Since then I've still been working on three brands, which is a lot to juggle, admittedly this is a great test for myself which I hope I can stay on top of. It's difficult, only because I have to know all the collections and keep up to date of each stage and changes the garments go through. It's a good insight learning about three brands which are all so different. 

Lastly i've been given the task of producing a 3 minute presentation to the executives ( I think) in the buyers meeting to explain the two main competitors to my brand (Pied a Terre). The BA is leaving on Pied a Terre so I've been thrown into the deep end and have to do it. I'll let you know how things go...

Aurevoir.
Sannita. x

No comments:

Post a Comment