Monday 28 January 2013

Blue liquid eyeliner?


So i'm trying to be a little more experimental with my make up and after flicking through Vogue and many beauty articles this picture below is my inspiration.

Anna Sui SS13

I just bought the Louise Gray eyeliner from topshop in the blue, it was £2 on sale so I though I would give it a go and try and make it wearable.
 
The look is very matte so I started by brushing over and around my eyes with Mac powder, this will help get rid of any moisture, grease etc as well as provide a base to help lock in the eyeliner, preventing it from straying down your face. Buy Me


This is me with my eyeliner, that is what it looks like and this is me happy. If you're unable to find this eyeliner due to it being on sale try Topshops crayon in Kingfisher. Buy Me


Right, I know I look a bit like an idiot, but firstly apply a thin line, I do mine with minimal open eyes to 1. make sure they're even and 2. prevent it from printing above.


This bit is most important, to get the flicks even, plonk a dot on both eyes making sure their at the same level.


Make sure you try and be as sturdy as you can, then play dot to dot!


See even! Skim over the lines again if you need to thicken the line up or to intensify the colour.


Apply the dots below in the centre of the eye if you wanna go all out, I've tested it out for you, whether or not I actually go out in public like this is another question.


As you can tell from the picture above, the flick is not thick enough. So to create more of the 1950's shape, create a more straight line on the top edge as well as straightening the short line to create a more angular shape rather than curved.


Voila. ze final look. It's not exactly the same, the blue turned out a lot darker than expected. Flicks are so bloody hard to do on an asian eye, it definitely depends on the shape of your eye and takes some practice and experimentation but I should have extended a lot more however I think its more likely I'll wear it like this. I will give this blue slick of eyeliner ago, makes a nice change from black. Please let me know what you think and if you have any other tips!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment