Thursday 30 May 2013

Out and about - Love saves the day!


Early on Saturday morning I left London at 8:00am to travel to Bristol with a couple of my friends to attend the long awaited Love saves the day. Summer felt like it had finally arrived.

Where: Bristol
Price: £19.95 +
Dress code: Whatever

After a mere hour and a half train journey from London and feeling a little more awake we arrived in Bristol to a rather beautiful day. Hopping onto a bus to drop our stuff at a friends before heading to the festival we took a nice bus ride, showing us the picturesque views of the sights to be seen. 

Being a two day festival meant no camping was to be had, which was a relief as it meant no hassle with carrying and putting up a tent, no huge backpacks and no wellies. This meant I could travel with a small little rucksack to carry a change of knickers and some alcohol.



The venue was in the centre of town, and it was a lot smaller than I expected. Before entering I shoved a bottle of vodka down the back of my trousers hidden by my jumper (pay day hadn't arrive). The small stages meant it was really easy getting from one stage to another without taking years. There were I think 6 stages in total, all relatively small but it felt more chilled out and intimate which was great. Regarding my stingy drinking habits, it was about £3.50/£4 for a cider by this point I was drunk enough to agree to pay. But to be honest it wasn't that bad.





The crowd was a mix but you could definitely see a bunch of the hipster crowd in their 5 panels and Stussy t-shirts. But everyone was dead friendly, good vibes everywhere, people dancing having a great time. Some dude randomly picked me up so I could have a look at Bonobo (I'm very short), another offered a friend a bite of his spicy wrap, what a gent. I was also very impressed by the copious amounts of loo's, nobody likes to queue for hours.



The music was insanely good, a tent where the whole crowd were dancing in sync to reggae music, a "dance off" stage where all the girls were skanking to the max, another where we caught "Jack" by Breach being played so we pondered  over and had a dance by ourselves, was definitely the most played tune of the festival. Highlight for me was finally seeing Bondax and hearing "Baby I got that" being played, what a fan girl I was, hearing the sweet music of Bonobo blast from main stage, playing their new album it was ridiculously beautiful, also Maxxi Soundsystem, had a brilliant dance to their tunes. The list goes on, and I will definitely be going back next year and this time for Saturday and Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment