Tuesday 30 July 2013

271. Farr festival


This summer I decided I wanted to go to a little boutique festival and after my friend mentioning Farr festival to me, this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Where: Herfordshire
Price: £80 (including booking fee)
How long: Two days and two nights of music

Setting off at 4:00pm from the south was only suppose to take an estimated hour and a half to get there, but travelling on the M25 isn't always smooth. With a coach fire occurring and melting the tarmac we got stuck in a traffic jam for about seven gruelling hours and went slightly mad. Arriving at midnight we were initially refused to be let it as box office closed at 10pm but there was a large group of us who charmed our way into the campsite.



Setting up a tent in the dark isn't the easiest of things I'll tell you now, but I managed it! The next day was a scorcher, and I was very happy that I packed a bikini top.
Music started at 1:00pm and was set to last til 6:00am the next day. Skipping through the corn fields into the main arena, there were only two tents to be seen. The main stage and the circus stage, and with a few hay bales dotted around it seemed empty.

As you ventured further up there were sign posts directing you into the woods where three more stages were set up amongst the trees. More sign posts with artists names on directed you to the stages. Very close together you'd think the music would mix but surprisingly it didn't.



So one thing I was annoyed about was how they boasted of brilliantly priced food. Well let me tell you now it was outrageous! No different from any other festival and the fact they only had 4/5 food stalls wasn't great. A small bowl of cereal from cereal killers (a great name I'll admit) was £3! Sorry but that's just not right. A bang average burger was £6.50 and if you wanted cheese that's another £1.

My food rant over, I'll carry on with how good the music was. It was in fact insanely good. During the day the vibe was chilled and people were dancing freely in the shade, enjoying the likes of Kitt Proudfoot and his tune I think about Nina Kraviz often, day time dancing is a winner. The night time came and everyone went a little mental. Ben Pearce was a bit disappointing but Maxxi Soundsystem made up for it. Oneman was brilliant on main stage blasting out garage classic Sia's little man as well a throwing in some French Fries. However my highlight has got to be Bicep, I think the whole festival was waiting on them all weekend and they were the perfect way to end the festival, starting at 4:00am on the Sunday morning, everyone was pretty on it. Mixing Boddika's Mercy the whole crowd went mad for it, came 6:00pm it was time to hit the hay and get some sleep before being evicted six hours later.

 Me at the front with the cap and my friends! :)

A great festival overall that I would definitely recommend. The two days and two nights of music make it the perfect weekender, not too long and not too short. Car park to campsite to arena were all close together, so there was no tedious trekking like at big festivals. Good vibes all round the crowd were friendly and I'm pretty sure everyone had an amazing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment